Awaiting you is Karma, the retreat which’ll be your sanctuary this weekend. Rustic on first impressions, Karma offers luxurious accommodations, mouth-watering meals, and the opportunity to rest, recharge, and discover your innermost desires.
Participate in our writing retreat, whether your specialty is fiction (do you write short stories? or have a novel in the works?) or nonfiction (perhaps you want to write a memoir, a family or community history, a self-help or business book), and learn from a series of workshops that will feature theory and practice (yes, there’ll be writing exercises!) on the following:
- Explore why we write: why do you want to write, and what stands in the way of finishing your project?
- Elements of writing: join us as we look at voice, sense of character, sense of place, dialogue, POV, tense, the finer details and, in the case of nonfiction, how to deal with incorporating real people and sensitive truths
- Structure, Plot, and Content: looking at how you break down structure, explore the use of plot, character arcs, what do you and don’t you include, and how do you transcend those emotional barriers and get deep into authentic writing
- Workshopping: workshopping an excerpt from your writing, including a professional edit and assessment of the excerpt from one of our renowned editors
- Prose: getting into the nitty gritty of writing, and being educated on such things as filters, tautologies, expletive constructions, show don’t tell, exposition, and more!
- Revising, Submitting, and Publishing: once your work is complete, how do you approach revision? How do you prepare for submitting? What are the differences between self-publishing and submitting to a commercial publisher?
- The Wrap-up: a reflection on how to take everything you’ve learned and apply it.
This two-day program will transform your writing life. Join this small group at Karma Kinglake from 5–7 May 2017.
Your story is going to grow in ways that you cannot imagine and your life will open up to the unexpected.
You will develop and grow as a writer in ways you never could’ve possibly imagined.
Rebuilt from the ashes of the most extraordinary chapter in Kinglake’s history and Australia’s worst natural disaster – Black Saturday – Karma Kinglake has a story of its own that can be felt in the walls and seen in the reclaimed timbers that once stood proudly nearby.
Our host, Karen, works painstakingly to provide sumptuous meals and see that all your requirements are met. A scan of TripAdvisor reveals five-star review after five-star review, testimony to the excellence of this rural hideaway.
Karma Kinglake can be found at:
- 6 Ward Street
Kinglake, Victoria 3763.
It’s located on the top of the Great Dividing Range and is just 67km from the Melbourne CBD. The Kinglake Township is thriving again, along with the National Park surrounding it, and there’s always a lot to do in and around Kinglake.
Please check out their website for a comprehensive look at this magnificent property: Karma Kinglake.
If not now, when?
This program is all-inclusive (prices include GST):
|2 x Breakfast||$30.00||FREE|
|2 x Lunch||$50.00||$50.00|
|2 x Dinner||$150.00||$150.00|
|6 workshop sessions||$1,500.00||$750.00|
|2 x Writing discussion/table talk||PRICELESS||PRICELESS|
|Copy of The Book Book: 12 Steps to Successful Publishing plus other resources||$30.00||FREE|
Full price: $1,250.
Full payment due for all participants: 24 April 2017. However, we can arrange payment plans.
All accommodation are in single rooms, although some are in two-room nests.
Cancellation fee of $200 applies if cancellation prior to 20 March 2017.
50% cancellation fee applies if cancelling after 20 April 2017.
No refund will apply after 27 April 2017.
Thank you for your interest in this retreat.
This writing program is going to transform your writing in more ways than one.
To secure your place, please make a deposit of $250 below.
When your deposit is received, you will be emailed a registration form that will detail the costs, ask for your contact information and any special requirements that you might have.
If you have any questions, you can email us or call 9434 6365 to talk to Blaise.
|Take a look at Karma Kinglake …|